Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My husband: the uber man

I would like to take a moment to acknowledge the fact that my husband is quite possibly the modern day equivalent of the 'Renaissance Man' of TJ's time (yes, being from Virginia does qualify me to refer to Thomas Jefferson as TJ). Since you cannot know Kyle as well as I do, you may not be away of the myriad of things that he as good at. And no, I am not kidding. It can give one quite the inferiority complex. Not that I don't lovingly refer to myself as "Mary Poppins: Practically Perfect in every way" but that is another issue entirely.

For starters, Kyle is academically intelligent. He graduated from the University of Edinburgh (recently ranked #20 in the world) with distinction. That's not to say that he didn't work his little butt off (literally, he lost 20 lbs in Edinburgh) but if I had put in the same amount of effort I don't think distinction would have been their name for it. In his spare time he likes to read books pertaining to the economy or biographies of past US Presidents. I am not saying this makes him smart, just well rounded. He also spends his fare share of time reading ESPN and following college sports like they are going out of style. Which I am sorry to say is rubbing off on me and I have even found myself interested in what the ESPN announcers have to say and may or may not listen to Mike & Mike on ESPN radio. Whatever.

Well, so far these may all seem like normal things to be good at. But, Kyle is also good at mechanical things. And that is what puts him in the category of uber man. He can fix anything that is broken- seriously. I can't even put together a chair from Staples without getting in a fit. But not Kyle. This weekend he took apart our little Abba and here's the clincher- put him back together again. That's right, our little demon possessed VW is now back and running for only $30. Kyle told me that when we bought he could "fix anything" that went wrong with it. I only halfway believed him, I must admit. But he has proved himself and I am proud as punch! Seriously, it is like winning the lottery. He can get a good job, he can fix stuff around the house and he's cute! What more could a girl ask for?

-Stacie

1 comment:

  1. Can you send him over this way to rub some of his "uber-ness" off on my man?

    ReplyDelete