Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Surprise!!

This past weekend two of my college roomies came into town for a visit.  The three of us have gotten together every summer since we graduated and with us all living in Texas this year it was easier than ever! The plan for Saturday was to pick up our other friend Hilary, who also lives in Austin, and hang out at Barton Springs for the day.  Hilary said she'd be ready at three, so we put on our bathing suits and sunscreen and headed over to her house to pick her up.  Little did I know that this was not the plan at all.  If you can tell by my face below, I was VERY surprised to find out that we were actually heading over to my surprise baby shower!  

I'm a little confused here if you can't tell
It took me a minute but I finally got it

My sweet husband and thoughtful friend Hilary had planned the shower for when my roomies would be in town- aren't they the greatest! Pregnancy hormones or not- I was very touched by all their planning for the surprise and by everyone that came to the shower.  Before we ever moved to Austin, Kyle & I spent alot of time praying that the Lord would provide us with good friends and a community that we could be a part of and boy did he ever! We have been SO blessed since moving here to have made so many new wonderful friends as well as connect with old friends who we've missed as well! God is good.
Hilary had the cutest decorations-check out the little clothes hanging in the background!

Cupcakes made courtesy of Morgan- all I can say is "Wow".  She's so talented!

I know that I have mentioned my friend Hilary on the blog before.  We went to Baylor together and since moving to Austin we have gotten to spend lots of time with her and her awesome husband Ryan.  The best part is that we're both pregnant and due only 9 days apart.  Here we are comparing our baby bellies!

Notice the costume change- it pays to have a shower at a fellow pregnant friends house!

Meredith & Becca were such troopers to wear their bathing suits to go along with the ruse!

The shower was really wonderful and I was incredibly touched to have it planned for me and to have so many people there (you can't tell from the photos but people were there!). It is definitely a memory that I will cherish forever. Thanks Hilary & Kyle!

-Stacie

1 comment:

  1. How long will it take me to not immediately crack up when I look at that picture of your initial surprised reaction?

    LOL!

    Sweet post by the way. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete