Monday, August 30, 2010

Our Virginia weekend

A few weekends ago, Kyle & I made the trek to Virginia to visit my family and the weekend was full of festivities!  There was an amazing baby shower as well as a 60th anniversary wedding celebration for my grandparents.  Almost all of my extended family were in town for the weekend as well, so it was really fun to see everyone that we hadn't seen in a few years!

Sunday was the day for all the festivities, which started with the baby shower. My mom and her good friend Amy hosted the shower and they did an amazing job- complete with icecream sundae station (which is a pregnant girl's dream, let me just say)!  

The icecream sundae station- oh happy day!
Some of the adorable decorations!
The Hostess with the mostess- Amy!

I felt very loved and appreciated at the shower. There were so many wonderful people there that I have known since my childhood- it was a truly special afternoon that I will always cherish.  Of course, I can't forget all the wonderful gifts I got too! People were amazingly generous and Kyle & I were truly blessed with all the gifts that we recieved.  Some of the gifts were particularly meaningful though.  We had a few handmade blankets given to us and my grandmother crocheted our little guy an outfit and blanket that is the cutest thing ever!  Plus- my brother & sister-in-law gave us a llama themed gift basket that was awesome! Here are a few of the llama goodies:

Llama bib
Llama apron

We also got a few llama onesies, a llama bag, llama bumper sticker and llama mug.  Too much llama you ask? Never!
Kyle & me with all our goodies!
My best-friend since forever, Katie
Three generations- my mom, Grandma Charlotte & me

After all the shower wonderfulness, we moved on to celebrating my grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary.  It pays to have family member who work in the right places- so, we were able to have their anniversary dinner at the restaurant my older brother manages, TJ's. It is an amazing restaurant inside the Jefferson Hotel in downtown Richmond.  The restaurant is currently closed for dinner, so we got the entire place to ourselves!

Enjoying appetizers- don't ask me why I'm the only one looking at the camera...
The brother's toast
The guests of honor

It was a great evening filled with family and wonderful food.  Can't get much better than that!  Our busy weekend was amazing, but exhausting.  We're glad to be back home now and we're not going anywhere else in 2010! Now, we've just got to get ourselves ready for this baby- 9 weeks to go!

-Stacie

No comments:

Post a Comment