Friday, September 10, 2010

A brother & a son

Yesterday my little brother turned 20 years old.  This may not seem like a momentous occasion, but being almost ten years older than him it is momentous for me.  Because- I remember when he was born. I remember riding home with him from the hospital. I remember teaching him how to walk and changing his diapers.   I remember visiting him in the hospital when he was two years old after he had surgery.  I remember when he started playing t-ball and going to his first cross-country race.    I remember that the last time we lived in the same house as children he was going into the third grade.  I remember when he was a gangley middle-schooler and then when he all of the sudden started caring about fashion in high school. 

 But when I look back over the past twenty years that I have known him what I think about most is how when I first heard we were having a boy I was a little disapointed.  I had dreamed about little dresses and bows for our baby girl.  But now, I am more excited than I ever could have imagined.  I am having a little boy- just like my little brother. And I will get to bring him home from the hospital and change his diapers and teach him how to walk just like I did Justin.  I will get to watch him play t-ball and go through a gangley stage in middle school.  And I know, that just like my brother, he will some day turn twenty years old and I will proud to have gotten to go through those twenty years by his side and hopefully the Lord will bless me with twenty more. 

Here he is with the "old people" (aka our parents)

Happy Birthday to a brother who has made me excited to be the mother of a little boy and who I know will be the best Uncle Kibbo ever!

-Stacie

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet Stacie. I'm glad you're feeling excited about having even more boys in your life!

    ReplyDelete