Tuesday, September 27, 2011

All quiet on the Texas front...

Well, I feel like I should explain the month of silence.  No- I have not been a lazy blogger.  Yes- I did lose my computer for a few weeks.

Here's the story:  We were having some issues with our mac, so I was going to take it to the apple store to have them look at it.  I had the computer, my purse and Knox all in my arms when I went out to the car.  To keep from dropping the computer, I put it on top of the car and then got Knox safely buckled into his seat.  Tiny little detail- I forgot to put the computer in the car.  So, I drove to the apple store with the computer on top of my car.  Needless to say, it fell off sometime before I arrived at the apple store.  It was a crappy situation and I was a little bit embarrassed by the whole scenario.  But, after three weeks we had considered it gone and moved on with our lives.  Then, I got an email last week from a guy telling me that he found our computer on the side of the road.  I met up with him and sure enough, he had our computer and miraculously it was completely unharmed.  To tell you the truth, I am still a little bit in shock that it was returned to us and it is fine.

A few weeks before all of this happened, we had our garden hose stolen out of our front yard.  I mean, who steals a garden hose?  So, I will say that this whole situation has restored my faith in people again.  Yes, someone may drive by your house and steal your garden hose.  But someone may also find your computer and go to great lengths to get it back to you unharmed.  Funny how the world works.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! What a crazy story!! SO happy you have your computer back. I'm sure that was just the worst feeling ever. I would have cried for a day straight just because of all the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete