Thursday, March 1, 2012

Virginia in February

 Since my mom is a teacher, Knox & I traveled to Virginia for a week while she had President's Day off.  Sometimes traveling with a toddler can be anything but relaxing (this may be a dramatic understatement) but this trip was a pleasant surprise.  Knox adjusted really well to being in Virginia (after waking up at 3:45 am to go to the airport, puking and having an explosive airplane diaper- we managed to arrive before nap time!) and napped and slept great.  My mom only had to work one day while we were there, so we had lots of time together to enjoy each other's company.

Knox & his Mana

One of the days there my mom & I drove up to Harrisonburg (about 2 hours away from Richmond) to visit my younger brother at his college- JMU.  It was a really fun trip and Knox played around campus and we got the grand tour of where Justin spends his days.  

Grandma & Grandpa love this little guy!

Visiting Knox's Great Grandma Charlotte at her house

We also got to spend sometime with my older brother Jonathan & his wife Valerie.  I got to sleep most mornings till 8 or 8:30 and had someone cook dinner for me every night.  This was my idea of a true vacation and I enjoyed every minute of it!! 
Knox & Uncle Jonathan

Uncle Kibbo (aka Justin) & Mana

Maggie & Moses- they are so much bigger than Knox!

Knox & I are home for about 6 weeks and then we are traveling back to Virginia for my mom's spring break.  This is the last year that he will be a free ticket so we are making to most of it while we can! 

-Stacie 

3 comments:

  1. he looks like he had so much fun visiting family! i know your family ate it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief he's cute. And you are SUCH a trooper taking him all over the place. I'm really impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great trip!! It looks like y'all got to see everyone! Knox is just getting so big....it's unreal. And yes, Liz...he is so stinkin' cute!!

    ReplyDelete