Sunday, October 6, 2013

Veedubs and Halloween...

Picture of the week 
Well, my favorite month as finally arrived. And this year we have a birthday to celebrate in addition to Halloween! I have been waiting a long time for my Halloween baby and I am considering Halloween's Eve to be close enough for me.  Isla has been sporting all of her Halloween outfits and pajamas this week and I have been happily planning her 1st Halloween birthday party.  It is sort of like 7th Heaven over here for me.  The only thing that could make it better was if I had endless amounts of money to spend on her party :)  

This weekend was one of the annual VW shows that we like to attend.  We try to keep our Volkswagen craziness down to only a few shows a year, but now that we have two Volkswagens and not just the one there may be no more hiding our crazy as Miranda Lambert likes to say... Before we had kids I remember thinking about what their childhood would be like and the things they would grow up remembering us doing together as a family.  Funny how I didn't picture that involving camping in a 40 year old bus and going to car shows.  It could be worse, I'm sure. 

Knox was hyped out of his mind at the VW meet-up on Saturday night
The show we attended is called the VW Harvest Show and it goes on all weekend long. On Saturday night there is a cruise with all the old cars and then everyone meets up at Top Notch burger to hang out and watch a movie on the projector.  We didn't stick around for the movie, but it was fun to get a burger and let Knox run around and ogle the cars. 

Today was the actual car show and we rallied both of our VWs up to Cedar Park to walk around and see all the cars for a few hours in between naps.

Isla's 1st VW show, she's parked between Remie & Gloria 


This is one of the actual Herbie's from the Disney movie
Aside from spending our weekend looking at VWs, we have also been getting ready for Halloween.  My mom is quite the seamstress and she made Isla a cute little candy corn romper.  This is the best picture I have of her wearing it.  This picture is also amazing because if you notice the red, wooden toy pot in Isla's hand and the look on Knox's face you may surmise correctly that she just bashed him over the head with a pot.  I don't see any remorse on her face either...Meanwhile I was taking the picture and trying not to let Knox see me laughing.  Poor kid just can't take any amount of pain.  He will not be an Olympic Athlete so we can go ahead and stop worrying about that!


Riding two deep in the bus.  Isla is obsessed with her bunny now...
Football Sunday- we got some Bears fans in the house!
That's what's been going on at the Sale's house! 

-Stacie

No comments:

Post a Comment