Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween!

My little Lion & Scarecrow

Well, another Halloween has come and gone. As you well know, Halloween is my favorite holiday.  For numerous reasons, mostly who doesn't love a holiday that revolves around two of my favorite things- candy and fall?!  It is a match made in heaven if you ask me.  Well of course, the Halloween gods did not shine on me this year. Last year, I was in the hospital with a very new baby so I didn't get to go trick-or-treating with Knox. This year, Knox was old enough to be very excited about the whole process. And wouldn't you know that he woke up on Thursday morning with the first stomach bug that he has ever had! Yes, both Knox & Isla were sick all day on Thursday! And with a fever of 103 Knox still managed to go trick-or-treating.  Albeit he was a very slow and sedate version of himself. It was very disappointing to say the least.  But that is how she goes. If there is anything I have learned from having children is to hold onto your expectations very loosely.

Can you tell Isla had been crying?!

For comparisons sake here is Knox as the Lion 2 years ago :)
Our whole street has a tradition of getting together early to take pictures and then all trick-or-treat together.  Kyle & I weren't aware that EVERYONE dresses up- whoops! We'll do better next year!
the neighborhood crew
Trick-or-treating action- Keep up the fluids Knox! haha!
Kyle handing out the goods

All in all, we made it through the day and it was borderline successful. Here's hoping that next year goes better. I would say "how could it be any worse" but that would only be asking for it!

-Stacie

No comments:

Post a Comment