Monday, May 5, 2014

Virginia Visit

The main reason for our visit to Virginia was for a surprise 40th Wedding Anniversary party that my brothers & I threw for our parents.  It went amazingly well but that is it's own blog post that I will definitely revisit once I'm done sorting through all the photos!

We flew to Virginia late Friday night and the anniversary party was on Saturday evening. Once the excitement/stress of that was over we had the rest of the week to just relax and spend time with family.  This trip was especially great because we got to spend lots of time with lots of family.  We saw both of my brothers and their wives and my grandparents multiple times over the week and it was really special for me to get to see Knox & Isla interacting with them all.

Here are some picture highlights of the week:
Swinging at Great-Grandma Charlotte's house
Knox getting a much needed haircut! 
Real Fireman boots at the Children's Museum
Knox wrote and painted this all by himself for Uncle Jonathan & Aunt Valerie
Knox likes lots and lots of tattoos
Isla LOVED Moses!
My mom & I took Isla to get new shoes, she had a blast! 
playing at the Children's Museum
Knox painting, I had forgotten about wearing old shirts to paint in but this totally reminded me of my childhood! 
This was my attempt at making Knox at Ninja Turtle costume
 The week was a huge success and Knox & Isla were inundated with attention, gifts and fun activities.  I am so thankful that they will both have such wonderful memories of their visits to Virginia and staying at Mana & Grandpa's house.

-Stacie

No comments:

Post a Comment