Thursday, October 15, 2009

Errands...

I probably couldn't count on both my hands and feet how many times I have gone to Target, Lowe's, the grocery store- the list goes on, in the past two weeks. I had forgotten how many errands moving (in America) entails. Whenever we moved in Scotland (which was three times to be exact!) we just threw our stuff in a suitcase and hopped on the bus. That's not exactly how things go here in the good ole' US of A. Thankfully though, two weeks in and we are pretty much done running errands and are all settled in. Today is the first day we have had internet at our house, so hopefully we'll be updating the blog more frequently now.

The new pad

That is our new place. We are very excited about it and are happy to be settled down once again. We are just renting, but it is a great little place. Quite the step up from a tiny apartment in Edinburgh!

Kyle has been busy working and I am currently seeking employment, so I lots of free time on my hands to do whatever I please. Not too shabby really. I'll admit, it can get a little boring. But with two dogs around, you never lack much for entertainment. Luckily, there is a park close to our house that the dogs and I have been frequenting. Even in the 90 degree heat- they are more resilient that I anticipated.

Not even breaking a sweat! (I know, I know, dogs don't sweat)

The park by our house

All in all, the transition has been good and we are so far enjoying our new home.

-Stacie

No comments:

Post a Comment