Sunday, October 25, 2009

On Saturday Stacie and I sleepily merged onto I-35 and headed north to Waco, TX. After a quick stop at Chick-fil-a for a breakfast sandwich and obligatory coffee we were on schedule for the 100th edition of Baylor University Homecoming. Stacie was obviously excited since Baylor is her alma-mater but I was eager to partake in college football and all the livery and atmosphere that surrounds it! I missed this experience in Scotland.

Parade Float

This picture is why stereotypes exist. I mean really, Texas beauty queen on a longhorn adorned Rolls Royce?!

Go Bears!

Meredith, Stacie & Becca

The big game

Meredith's daughter Mabry. Little cutie...big spirit!

We had a great time at the parade, seeing old friends and enjoying the festivities. Baylor was ultimately overmatched in the football game but we had a good time regardless. Even though I didn't go to Baylor I was able to enjoy the universal pride and spirit that surrounds collegiate athletics, which I appreciated.

-Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment