Thursday, March 4, 2010

Photography class

This winter I decided that I need to spend more time doing things that I love.  Some of you may remember this post. One thing that I have always loved is photography. I took a few classes in high school, which means I knew some of the basics of aperture, f stops and ISO.  But it was all very fuzzy.  So, I signed up for a photography class at Austin Community College. We meet every Saturday from 12-4pm for 16 weeks! January through May and so far it has been really fun! I've re-learned all about shooting in manual mode and am learning how to alter my photos in Photoshop as well.  I have a LONG way to go before I am really happy with my pictures, but it is fun to learn and practice.  My hope, is to take a few classes over the next few years and hone my skills in portrait photography.  Pictures of people are my favorite and I would love to be able to do some photography on the side.  We'll see what happens. But at the very least, I will learn how to take a good picture for our family! Here are some of my photos so far:


I'm sure you noticed the trend in my subject matter.  Hopefully when I get a little more practice, I can branch out and take pictures of friends...I think Kyle is enjoying his modeling career though.  And Deacon is so photogenic. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for Mercedes. I LOVE the look she has on her face in the picture...that sums up her personality to the tee. 

And finally this is a side note but worth mentioning....Aside from your own children (because I know you're biased) is this not the cutest child ever?

I just had to share.  This is my nephew Marek.  He's coming to visit in April so he'll defintely be subjected to a photoshoot!

-Stacie

2 comments:

  1. Love these! Feel free to come over whenever you want a practice taking pics of an on-the-move 1 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pics are really good - I am impressed with you, your high school, and ACC.

    ReplyDelete