Thursday, April 29, 2010

First Class Experience!

I've been an absentee blogger, thanks to Stacie for carrying the load, my apologies for the long silence.  It's me, not you faithful blog follower.

We have a new attraction that just opened in Austin called Gold Class Cinemas.  Ultimately it's like if first class air travel and the movies had a baby.  The theatre is set-up to only seat about 40 people.  All of the chairs are uber comfortable microfibre recliners with a shared table.  When you arrive at the theatre you are greeted into a swanky lounge / bar area where a waitress takes your initial drink order as well as appetizer and entrée selection.


Not too Shabby!

After enjoying the ambiance and drinks, guests are ushered into the theatre where the servers bring food, more drinks and dessert while you enjoy the movie.  Just like flying first class this experience comes with a pricetag but have no fear, the Sale family didn't spend a dime (ok, we tipped the waitress).  We learned that prior to officially opening, Gold Class was running training for their newly hired staff.  We jumped at the opportunity to go to a free show, enjoy free drinks and a free meal.  Free is good!

Hard to tell but this isn't us -but this is how we roll!

I have to say that the experience was great.  I'm not sure they convinced me to return and pay $29 per ticket (per person, seriously!?) and another $40 - $60 on food and beverage but I'm glad we went.  At least I can say I experienced it and reflect on that experience next time I'm at the $1 theatre with the unwashed masses!


-Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment