Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter Visitors

This past weekend, we had more visitors! Kyle's mom, sister, brother-in-law and nephew all came to visit us for Easter!  It was Marek's first trip, so we were especially excited to have him come visit.

Aren't they cute together?

Uncle Kyle!

 They all arrived on Thursday afternoon and from that point on we pretty much proceeded to eat ourselves into a stupor.  Austin has a plethora of delicious food to partake in and we, of course, didn't want our visitors to miss a bite of it! We ate burgers, fries, shakes, bbq, ribs, pizza, tacos, chick-fil-a, frozen yogurt, donuts....are you disgusted yet? I am shocked that I am still able to button my pants. Apparently, my metabolism is a bit faster than I thought! Aside from all the eating, we also visited the Capital building on Friday afternoon.  Heather is a history buff so we knew she'd be interested.

In front of the Capital building 

We also spent some time exploring South Congress Street which is home to an eclectic mix of stores and eateries in downtown Austin.

South Congress Street

Eating pizza on South Congress

And of course, I had to have a few photoshoots with precious Marek for my class (and personal collection).  All in all it was a great visit! 







Not to leave anyone out, we're headed off to Richmond tomorrow morning (at a very ungodly hour) to visit my family for the weekend and attend my cousin's senior basson recital. She will be graduating from Winthrop University (South Carolina) in May with her degree in music (what can I say, we are a musical family!).  Should be a great trip! We'll post pictures all about it next week.

Stacie

No comments:

Post a Comment