Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Our weekend with Justin

This weekend my little brother (and by little I mean age, not size) came to visit.  He's been to Texas quite a few times during my Baylor years, but he's never visited Austin so he was excited to come spend the weekend with us.  He's pretty laid back so we didn't plan too many activities, but we did a few things.  We of course took him out for some Tex Mex on Friday night and to our newly favorite restaurant 'Chedds' on Saturday.  We also went to a local swimming favorite, Barton Springs Pool.  The pool is man-made but is filled with water from the local Barton Spring so while you're swimming in the chilly 68 degree water, you'll see plenty of algae floating around the clear water. 
Here are a few photos of the spring that I swipped from the internet.  It was close to 100 on Saturday, so it was the perfect way to spend the afternoon.  Saturday evening we went with a group of friends from our Bible Study to see the Austin Aztexs take on the Puerto Rico Islanders in soccer.  The Austin Azetexs are a professional soccer team in the second tier of the American Soccer league, right below the MSL as I understand it.  But my soccer knowledge is slim at best. 
Here we are enjoying the game
Sargeant Pepper
It's not the greatest picture, but I would like to point out that the Aztex's mascot is 'Sargeant Pepper'.  That's all I'm going to say about that... The rest of our weekend went by quickly.  We went to church on Sunday and did a bit of shopping at the outlet malls. I know, I know, I am an incredibly lucky woman that so many of the men in my life love to shop.  I acknowledge this little gift that the Lord has given me.  Along with the gift of a flamingo that can be dressed up for holidays.  Check out Felipe's newest look...
He's so patriotic


-Stacie


No comments:

Post a Comment