Thursday, May 27, 2010

A piece of home

On Friday night my mom arrived from Virginia to spend the weekend with us.  Unfortunately, her flight was about four hours late due to thunderstorms, but she made it and that is all that really matters.  And as usual, we crammed a whole lot of eating and good times into two short days.  I am telling you, eating is part of my calling. It is what I do best.  Especially pregnant.  Things just taste better when you're pregnant.  At least that has been my experience.  Anyway.  The agenda for the weekend was eating, shopping, eating, going to church, eating, more shopping and then -you guessed it- more eating.  It was awesome!! 

We started off our eating bonanza at a grilled cheese restaurant called 'Chedd's'.  That's right, I said grilled cheese restaurant.  They had 30 different types of Wisconsin cheeses to choose from and it was glorious.  I chose to make my own and opted for Munester with pickles and tomatoes.  

Isn't she a beaut?
We're all so happy when we know yummy food is on the way!

After the glory that is Chedd's.  My mom & I went shopping while Kyle went home to do more manly things- like read the 'Economist' and take a nap. The shopping was a success and I now have clothing to help cover my ever growing baby bump.    

For dinner we ate Mexican- big surprise.  But always a crowd pleaser.  I may have eaten enough chips and salsa to feed a family of five. But I am blaming that on my newfound love of all things tomato based.  This week I have eaten numerous tomato and mayo sandwiches as well as speghetti o's and just plain bowls of chopped up tomatoes.  Vegas- you are killing me!

Sunday, we went to church and then to a cute little bakery that is close to my work.  My mom is a lover of pie ( I am blaming this on her) so we had to get a few different options to try. 
Strawberry- Rhubarb
Apple
Cheese Brioche

As you can see, we got a bit carried away.  To top off our wonderful food-fest we decided to take my mom to the mecca of all grocery stores.  Whole Foods.  She had never been to Whole Foods and was excited to see one.  However, she had no idea the treat she was in for. Whole Foods is like the J.Crew of grocery stores.  And in case you didn't know this about the Sale family- we heart J. Crew. A lot.  Possibly a sinful amount.  I think this photo sums up into words what my mom thought of Whole Foods...


She just looks beside herself she's so happy.  Who can blame her?  Whole Foods is like an amusement park for adults. 

Pretty much it was an awesome weekend and we were sad to see her go!

-Stacie

No comments:

Post a Comment