Saturday, June 30, 2012

An Elmo experience

Like most toddlers, Knox loves Elmo.  He has Elmo videos, books, clothes, dolls, etc.  His obsession is unhealthy, but I promise I have done nothing to encourage it.  All his paraphernalia he received as gifts.  Anyway, one of Knox's buddies, Avery, had her 2nd Birthday party today and the theme was Elmo.  Knox was hyped!

the Elmo goodies
Bradley made these herself- insane! 

The big surprise of the day was that Elmo was making an appearance.  Avery's dad donned the costume for all the kiddos.  We were 99.9% certain that Knox would be scared to death of Elmo, but we were still curious.  So, I was armed with the camera for this Elmo meet & greet magic.  I'll just say that Knox did not disappoint.

Elmo meeting the kids
Knox sees Elmo for the 1st time....total terror
It was like toddler torture...so sad
 I would like to say that this is a normal toddler reaction and maybe it is, but he was the only child at the party that had this reaction.  I don't blame him though a 6 ft Elmo kind of freaked me out too :)

-Stacie





4 comments:

  1. Ooooh emmmm geee I am so bummed we missed Avery's party but ESPECIALLY because we missed seeing this. I am so glad you had your camera ready. Poor baby! He looks terrified, but in a priceless adorable kind of way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finley had the same reaction when he got to meet Curious George! He didn't like him one bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT POST:)
    Your blog is so cute..do you have twitter or fb to follow with??

    If you want some cute swedish decor inspiration...check out my new post:)

    Have a great week.

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (sweden)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word...I kinda laughed out loud at Knox's face. Oh poor sweet boy. :)

    ReplyDelete