Sunday, July 20, 2014

Our going away party...

Things are getting real here for us.  Now that we've had our going away party and the moving truck is coming this week I am starting to believe that we may actually be moving.  This past week was a very difficult week for me. We have started to say goodbye to friends and that is the hardest part.  Our house is feeling bare and like a bomb went off all at the same time.  It is crazy and exciting and sad- which is honestly just making me very tired.  I think when this week is done I will be very thankful.  

We officially leave Austin on Thursday.  The kids & I will leave by airplane and fly to Spokane to spend a week with Kyle's family.  Kyle & Mercedes will leave by car and drive the 25 hours to Boise for him to start working on Monday again.  Our cars and stuff should arrive sometime around August 1st, which is when the kiddos & I plan on arriving in Boise.  Slightly convoluted but I think moving across the country with 2 small children, 3 cars, 1 dog and a partridge in a pear-tree kind of warrants such craziness.  

Back to the going away party.  We had some wonderful friends who offered to host this party for us so we all met up at a local restaurant/bar and ate food, drank margaritas (oh Texas, I will miss those) and tried not to cry to much (or at least that was how my evening went- I held it together pretty well at the party and then proceeded to cried until I couldn't see the next morning,d bc my eyes were so puffy, once I got home).  It was bittersweet but we are so thankful and blessed by the amazing friends that God gave us here in Austin.  




my old college roomie Hilary
Tiffany & Allison
Ryan giving us a toast
Cheers!
the gang
the Rouses
Allison & Allison- so sad to leave these two!
Ryan & Allison- they have been our family here in Texas
Kyle & I never imagined we would move to Texas after he finished business school in 2009. But God gave us a church we loved and deep friendships.  And now here we are again- we never imagined we would be moving to Idaho but I know that God will bless us again and we are excited for our next adventure.

-Stacie

No comments:

Post a Comment