Monday, October 10, 2011

Our First Annual Fall Extravaganza!!

This weekend Kyle & I hosted our 1st (hopefully annual) Fall Extravaganza. I sort of love Halloween so having a full day of Fall / Halloween activities is definitely my idea of a good time! To start off the festivities, we headed out to a local pumpkin patch for a hayride, petting zoo and lots of good photo ops!

Here are the kiddos being tortured with photos- Knox had that face for most of the pictures we took...
our little farmer knox

Saturday was probably the first day that it actually felt like fall here- it was overcast and really rained for the first time since May!  I like that I can finally say with confidence that it will not be near 100 degrees until May or so- praise the Lord.  I think I had reached my saturation point a few months ago.  Growing up, my mom (an excellent seamstress) always made our halloween costumes.  So, thankfully she was willing to continue the tradition with Knox.  We picked out a lion pattern from the fabric store and it turned out amazing! Of course I had to make Knox wear his costume at the pumpkin patch for no less than 1000 pictures- considering what he was put through he was really quite the trooper. 





Poor kid- we couldn't be stopped after the lion photos. We also made him endure a family photo and some pumpkin shots.  He just needs to be less cute if he wants the picture parades to stop. 

a rare family shot
I love the stink face in this one
I was pretty excited to introduce Knox to his first llama! He has a stuffed llama and the full 'Llama, Llama ' book series (including' Llama Llama Red Pajama, Llama Llama Mad at Mama, Llama Llama....I think you get the point)

not a great pic, but we get so few of the two of us I had to post it anyway

After we completely exhausted all the pumpkin patch had to offer, we headed back to our house for our family tradition of chili and watching 'Charlie Brown & the Great Pumpkin'.  I know that chili may seem like a strange Halloween tradition, but it started when I was growing up.  My mom would always put a pot of chili in the crockpot and we could all have a bowl before heading out to trick or treat.  So, strange or not I always think of chili and Halloween.  We had a great time hanging out with friends and enjoying the start of fall here in Texas! Hopefully, this will be the start of a new tradition.  

-Stacie 

3 comments:

  1. This whole post is SO cute and I can't get over that lion costume. It's absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knox is having a GREAT time!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beyond precious! Looks like y'all had a great time. Knox is beyond precious. That lion costume kills me. I hope we can join y'all next year!

    ReplyDelete