Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving has always been a favorite holiday in my family growing up and (except for last year when Knox was too small to travel and the year Kyle & I were in Edinburgh) I have never missed a Thanksgiving with my family.

Knox & I headed out early to Virginia to get some quality time in before the holiday.  It was so nice to get to see all of family and I got to spend lots of time with both of my brothers so that was awesome too!  The first weekend we were in town, we took Knox to one of my favorite childhood places in Richmond- 'Maymont Park'.  The park has a petting zoo and lots of walking trails.  I have many fond memories of visiting here as a child and was excited to get to take Knox.

I was excited to see some changing leaves!
Knoxie & Me
My parents & Grandmother with Knox
Knox loved the goats!
It is so nice to have Grandma there to watch out for Knox!  He is a busy little bee.
Just lovin life!
One day while I was in town, I had to take my dad to his doctor's appointment.  So, my mom enlisted her good friend Amy to come over and babysit.  I was a little nervous, because Knox is going through a "stranger danger" phase, but he LOVED her! It was like they were long lost buds! 

Knox & his buddy Amy
Knox was the center of attention from all of his family that doesn't get to see him all that often. Unfortunately, he is in the "stranger danger" phase that I mentioned, so when people tried to pick him up he usually melted into tears. But I did learn that if you gave him something to play with he forgot that he was upset.  So that worked like a charm and my brother and grandparents were all able to hold him. Phew!


Knox & Jonathan 
Cookie decorating party
If you keep up with our blog, you will know that we are the proud owners of not one, but two "vintage" volkswagens.  A beetle and a camper bus.  So, my very thoughtful sister-in-law found cookie cutters in the shape of a beetle and a camper bus for Kyle.  She made the cookies and we all decorated them together as a surprise for him before he arrived on Monday night.  

The finished products- not too shabby!
Aside from our trip to Maymont, we mostly hung out at the house and just enjoyed being with family.  It was a relaxing week and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!

Knox lounging with my parent's dog Maggie
Knox with his Great-Grandma Charlotte
Knox got to try his first Thanksgiving dinner.  He was fairly okay with the sweet potato casserole (mostly the marshmallows, I think) and the mashed potatoes. The stuffing and turkey were a no go.  However, the real show-stopper was the jello salad.  Knox discovered that there in not much better in his world than jello salad.  To each his own, I guess. 

Knox & Dad swinging in the yard
He loves being tossed in the air- the higher the better
We had a great time and were sad to leave.  Now that we are back, I can't believe that it is already time for Christmas stuff!  We'll be heading off to Spokane before we know it!  

-Stacie 

1 comment:

  1. That picture of Kyle throwing Knox in the air is so awesome! He looks like a little firecracker! :)

    ReplyDelete