Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Knox's big boy room...

For the past few weeks, Kyle & I have been working on creating a new "big boy" room for Knox.  And by 'Kyle & I', I mostly mean I have been giving poor Kyle instructions and he has diligently been doing what I have asked him.  Mostly because I am seriously not handy and also because I am very pregnant.  Either way, Kyle did a great job with Knox's new room and we officially moved him into it this weekend to give him a few weeks to adjust before the baby arrives.  The transition was eerily smooth and he has shown no signs of even remotely caring that he is in a new room! Also, in case you don't read captions and you just scan the photos- Kyle actually made the bed for Knox.  I mean bought the plywood and nails and made it and painted it and distressed it.  Homegirl over here is even more in love with him now than she was before.  I'd like to give myself a big pat on the back for getting him to marry me- that is probably the best thing that I have accomplished in my life (excluding trusting Jesus for my salvation, but that is a given!).
The view as you walk into the room
'Mr. Handyman Kyle' made this bed for Knox from scratch! Proud as punch!! 
Knox's reading nook
Where Knox actually sleeps...
thanks to my mom for making his monogramed pillow :) 
We're (I mean Kyle) going to do some updates to the nursery as well to make it more girly.  I'll post those when they are done! 

-Stacie

6 comments:

  1. Soooo cute!! And that bed is amazing. Awesome job Kyle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo cute!! And that bed is amazing. Awesome job Kyle!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is hilarious. I LOVE the bed!!! Wow. The reading nook is perfection. And WHERE did you get that comforter?! I want to buy one asap just to keep for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks amazing....I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Job well done, Mr. Sale!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good stuff! Nice job. :)

    ReplyDelete