Friday, May 7, 2010

Deac's Texas B'day

Today is our sweet Deacon's 5th birthday! It's hard to believe that it has been five years since we went and picked him up from the breeder.  Poor kid has been through alot with us since then.  He's had to suffer through losing his status as an 'only child' and endure the multi-flight trip overseas to his temporary home in Edinburgh.  Not to mention all the dressing up and forcing him to dance around the house with Kyle.  Have I shared too much?  You may not want to be our friends anymore...


He's been there with us through most of our marriage and we really love him. Which is why we made him dress up in this awesome hat and look 'Texas' for his birthday.  I'm sure he counts his lucky stars every day that he ended up with us yawhoos. Kyle & I are dorks and even sang happy b'day to him this morning!   I know, I know- we won't do this when we have our real child. But, you may be surprised.  I have always had a special place in my heart for animals and dressing things up (case and point- the flamingo currently in our front yard). 

-Stacie

1 comment:

  1. Dressing up pets is a total legit thing :) Happy Birthday Deacon!!

    ReplyDelete