Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Nursery- Part 1

Back before Kyle & I even knew we were pregnant, I had started compiling ideas for how I wanted our nursery to look.  Mostly, I read through people's blogs and stole other their ideas.  That's how I roll. Kyle & I decided to avoid an all out panic sometime around October that we would tackle the nursery slow and steady and hopefully have it done well in advance. That is also how I roll.  Which as a side note I have recently learned at church is my idol- control.  But that is another issue and another blog post. 

So, our first nursery project was paint.  We want the room to be fairly gender neutral, so we decided to paint it in subtle tones of tan and white.  The room was actually already tan, so all we had to do was add the white.  I got my idea from one of my favorite blogs 'Young House Love'.  Check out this post to see what we were copying.


Kyle & I spent hours (I wish I was exaggerating) taping off the room.  I'm not sure why I thought it wouldn't be that hard to paint stripes on a wall. But I was sorely mistaken.  After about a week of taping for a few hours each night.  We were finally done.  This is of course when the tape started falling off the walls that we had taped earlier. So then we had to re-tape.  But finally all the taping was done and Kyle was able to paint. 

Here's the room now:


Next up on our project list- paint the crib.  I really like the idea of having a fairly neutrally colored nursery with a painted crib and white bedding.  What color we paint the crib is a different story.  We're going to wait until we know if little Vegas is a boy or a girl to decide that, so only about 5 weeks until we can start our next project.

-Stacie

4 comments:

  1. I feel the pain of painting stripes... it always looks so cool when all is said and done but it is a pain! Your nursery looks awesome and I love all your great ideas. Keep having fun with the "nesting" projects! And, congratulations from the Kroons!!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, that last comment is from me....using my mom's computer (in NY)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the nursery- so adorable! Congrats to you two and welcome to parenthood! Hope you are feeling well, Stacie. Looking forward to finding out the gender of little Vegas! Thoughts and Prayers- The millers (wendie)

    ReplyDelete